Veins and arteries are vital elements of the cardiovascular system. They carry the blood supply through the body and are essential for proper function. Sometimes veins and arteries malfunction, resulting in cardiovascular disorders. Malfunctions of arteries and veins are similar to malfunctions of a water hose. Consider the structure and function of a hose. A tap releases water, which then travels through the hose and comes out the other end. If the hose has been dormant for several months, dirt and rusty particles might build up inside, resulting in a restricted flow of water. Similarly, buildup of plaque inside the coronary arteries restricts blood flow and leads to disorders such as coronary heart disease. This disease is one of the most common cardiovascular disorders, and according to the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (2011), is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. In this Discussion, you examine the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disorders such as coronary heart disease.
· Review this weeks media presentation on alterations of cardiovascular functions, as well as Chapter 23 in the Huether and McCance text. Identify the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disorders.
· Select one patient factor: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior. Consider how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disorders.
· Select one of the following alterations of cardiovascular disorders: peripheral arterial disease, myocardial infarction, coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, or dysrhythmia. Think about how hypertension or dyslipidemia can lead to the alteration you selected.
QUESTIONS TO BE ADDRESSED IN MY ASSIGNMENT:
1. A description of the pathophysiology of cardiovascular disorders.
2. How the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology.
3. Explain how hypertension or dyslipidemia can lead to the alteration you selected for patients with the factor you identified.
4. Summary with conclusion
1. 2 pages
2. Kindly follow APA format for the citation and references! References should be between the period of 2011 and 2016. Please utilize the references at least three below as much as possible and the rest from yours.
3. Make headings for each question.
· Huether, S. E., & McCance, K. L. (2012). Understanding pathophysiology (Laureate custom ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
o Chapter 22, Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
This chapter examines the circulatory system, heart, systemic circulation, and lymphatic system to establish a foundation for normal cardiovascular function. It focuses on the structure and function of various parts of the circulatory system to illustrate normal blood flow.
o Chapter 23, Alterations of Cardiovascular Function
This chapter presents the pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, evaluation, and treatment of various cardiovascular disorders. It focuses on diseases of the veins and arteries, disorders of the heart wall, heart disease, and shock.
o Chapter 24, Alterations of Cardiovascular Function in Children
This chapter examines cardiovascular disorders that affect children. It distinguishes congenital heart disease from acquired cardiovascular disorders.
· McPhee, S. J., & Hammer, G. D. (2010). Pathophysiology of disease: An introduction to clinical medicine (Laureate Education, Inc., custom ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Medical.
o Chapter 11, Cardiovascular Disorders: Vascular Disease
This chapter begins with an overview of the vascular component of the cardiovascular system and how the cardiovascular system is normally regulated. It then describes three common vascular disorders: atherosclerosis, hypertension, and shock. Media
· Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012a). Alterations of cardiovascular functions PPT lecture . Baltimore, MD: Author.
This media presentation outlines common alterations of cardiovascular function, including disorders of the veins and arteries. Optional Resources
· American Heart Association. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/
· Million Hearts. (2012). Retrieved from http://millionhearts.hhs.gov/index.html
· National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/
GET AN ANSWER TO THIS ESSAY TODAY!
Save time and grade. Get a complete paper today.
Our leading custom writing service provides custom written papers in 80+ disciplines. Order essays, research papers, term papers, book reviews, assignments, dissertation, thesis or extensive dissertations & our expert ENL writers will easily prepare a paper according to your requirements.
Place this order today and get an amazing discount!!